Are you tired of wiping off your chin off your face? Do you want to get rid of oily skin naturally? If yes, this article will help and guide you on how to get rid of oily skin naturally. Oily skin is as a result of Overproduction of oil by skin pores and it can lead to can lead to adverse skin problems such as pimples, acne, blackheads etc. Too much oil secretion on the skin makes the skin look thicker, dull and darkens the complexion. Now, let us discuss the causes of oily skin.
Causes of Oily Skin
Are you wondering why your face is always secreting oil and sticky? Here are some of the major causes of oily skin. They are:
- Hormonal Changes: hormonal changes occurs in teenager which can be the cause of oily skin and acne infections, also triggers the sebaceous glands which are responsible for producing oil in the body. Women often experience oily skin during their menstrual periods, pregnancy or menopause. During menstrual cycle and pregnancy, fluctuating levels of Androgen causes excessive oil secretions in women. Some of the birth control pills and stress can also be the cause of overproduction of oil in the skin.
- Seasonal Changes: Changes in season also makes the skin oily. Most especially an increase in temperature and humidity during the summer period. During winter, the skin gets dehydrated and in order to compensate for the dryness, the skin produces excessive oil.
- Genetic Reason: oily skins are usually connected with genetics. It is usually handed down from one generation to another generation within a family. If you are suffering from oily skin, there are chances that other members of your family are also facing the same issue.
- By using Skincare Products: Using Excessive skin care products and cosmetics can also trigger excessive secretion of oil.
- Medication: there are some medications that lead to dehydration, which later leads to the production of oil in the body, as the body tries to compensate the lost moisture.
- Diet: Sweet and oily foods also cause overproduction of oil in the skin, what you eat is what you get, If you introduce more sweets in your diet, then it makes the skin oily.
- Stress: Life comes with stress and struggle, because of our daily ups and downs movement and stressful routine on our daily activities, our body produces more androgen hormones which lead to more oil production.
Best-Proven Home Remedies to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Now that you know the causes of oily skin, let us learn some of the best-proven home remedies on how to reduce oily skin using natural skin care means.
- By using Cucumber: Cucumber has a very good cooling effect property. It is very rich in Vitamins E & A, which makes it useful for treating under-eye puffiness. Potassium and magnesium in cucumber can also help to soothe the skin.
Procedure– simple cucumber home remedy for oily skin is to cut them into thin slices, lay them all over your face and relax for 15 minutes. You can as well cut them into larger slices and rub them all over your face and neck. Wash your face with warm water and use a toner to close the pores. Please use moisturizer after this remedy.
- By using Lemon Juice and Honey: Honey is one of the nature’s most revered skin remedies. It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. This is one of the best options in home remedies for oily skin, take a tablespoon of lemon juice and add half spoon of honey and then apply this mask on your face for 15-20 minutes and wash it off. Wash your face with warm water. Repeat the procedure daily to get the best result.
- By using Aleo-vera: This is also one of the best methods of treating oily skin naturally. It is very efficient with oily skin, It also removes the oil from the face and lightens the skin complexion. It help heals irritation, promotes collagen production and treats blemishes. Simply use natural Aloe Vera from plant or ready-made aloe Vera gel, wash and dry your face before you apply the Aloe Vera gel on your face. Leave it for some time and wash with cool water, repeat the process twice a day.
- By using Tomato: Tomatoes has salicylic acid, a common acne home remedy. The acids in tomatoes also help absorb excess skin oils and help unclog pores. It also has cooling and astringent properties which help keep your skin fresh. Its acidic properties help in balancing the oil content in skin. It is also rich in vitamin A and C which controls acne and brightens up your dull skin.
Procedure– Mix tomato pulp and honey into a thick paste apply on face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can also mix 1 teaspoon sugar with the pulp of 1 tomato and apply to your skin. Leave for 10mins before washing with cold water.
- By using Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps in the treatment of acne and other oily skin related problems. It leaves your skin smooth and fresh. It unblocks pores on the skin, also removes dirt and allows the skin to breathe freely. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, also protects the skin from dehydration.
Procedure – Take equal proportion of Apple cider vinegar and water. Mix well and apply to face and neck with a cotton ball. Leave for 5-10mins and wash your face with lukewarm water. Use twice daily
Do not use undiluted Apple cedar vinegar on your face, it’s very acidic and it may damage your skin.
Also, make sure it does not get into your eyes when you are applying it on your face.
- By Using Egg White Mask: Egg white is one the most efficient ways of treating oily skin naturally. Egg white is rich in vitamin A, which is good for removal of excess oil from the skin; it also brings a glow to the skin.
Procedure– Take egg white of one egg, mix well with one teaspoon of honey. Apply this mask on your face. Leave for 20-30mins for proper absorption by the skin. Then, wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat the process daily.
- Diet: This involve what you eat, it has a great impact on your skin. For instance,
Reduce your sugar intake, take plenty of vegetables, and drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin, avoid fried and oily food, avoid junk food, reduce fats intake in your diet, take more protein food and take lots of fluid.
- By using pawpaw: papaya helps cleanse your skin and removes excess oil and dirt. Take two tablespoons of papaya paste, add one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture paste on your face. Then, massage it and leave it for 15-20 minutes, wash your face with cold water. Repeat the process on alternate days to get rid of excess oil on your skin.
By using milk: milk has a moisturizing content and still helps in removing extra oil from the face. Using milk on a regular basis will help eliminate the excess oil and will also bring a glow to the skin. It’s also one of the most effective home remedies used in combating oily skin.
Procedure – Take two tablespoons of milk and add three drops of lavender oil to it. Mix well, use a cotton warp to massage your face, wash your face with lukewarm water. Use it morning and night before you go to bed every day.
All options mentioned above are the best proven natural method to get rid of oily skin from your face. Please share your thought or comments on your favorite home remedy for oily skin.